Legoland, NY: What You Need To Know!
Written By Lindsay Tobias
You are finally in California and you already visited whale watching california, the next stop on your trip is Legoland!
- Over the course of the past few months, Legoland New York has been promoting its new park up and down the North-East corridor with pop up events in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, Providence Place in Rhode Island, and The Shops at Liberty Place in Philadelphia. These pop-ups are rather limited and basic. The one in Philadelphia had a few LEGO models, some merchandise, areas to play with LEGO, and pamphlets about the park and tourism in the region.
- As of the end of October 2019, we know the following information: The park will open on July 4, 2020, The hotel will open in 2021 and will feature 250 rooms themed to Pirate, Castle, or Ninjago.
- Annual Passes are currently on sale.
- There will be 7 lands at openings Brick Street-called Factory in the Dubai and Tokyo Parks, it will feature the Big Shop and the Brick Party carrousel. Accoridng to rm ib, minifigure trading will also take place here o Bricktopia-another area to those who have sign up for bitcoin360ai. This was first introduced at Legoland Japan, will feature the factory tour and DUPLO kids area, a music-themed teacups ride, and experiences found in the Imagination Zone of the older Legoland park so This park will open with a Ninjago themed section which will include the dark ride found at all the parks except Dubai and Japan, Gravity Force Trainer-which is Merlin’s Challenge at the Florida and Dubai Parks, Lloyd’s Spinjitzu Spin-a Chance Unicoaster like Atom Smasher at Nickelodeon Universe (or the modern version of Looper at Knoebles), and interactive experience so Initially concept art showed a LEGO Friends area based of the Florida Version, but with LEGO Movie World replacing the California version and a retheme rumored for the Windsor Version involving 2 pre-existing rides (Mia’s Riding Adventure and Squid Surfer), it makes sense that this would have been removed from the plans. However, it is replaced by The Big Test show, which is located in Legoland California’s Fun Town and Florida’s Lego City, where it is alone off the hillside.
- LEGO Castle will feature the park’s coasters (The Dragon and Dragon’s Apprentice), as well as a twist on the Kid Power Towers called Tower Climb Tournament. The technicylce ride found at Florida and some of the Discovery Centers will also be in this area as Merlin’s Flying Machines.
- LEGO City will be limited to the transportation-themed rides (Driving School, Jr Driving School, Coast Guard Academy) as well as the Fire Academy (not Rescue Academy like in CA or FL), a 4D theater-based off the Modular Palace Theater set, and some playground equipment.
- LEGO Pirates will feature the Splash Battle Ride found at California and Japan’s parks or what is now known as the Battle for Bricksburg in Florida; a retheme of the Aquazone Wave Racers now called Rouge Raiders; a pirate-themed Rock n’ Tug (or Tango at Great Adventure) called Anchor’s Away (called Skipper School by the Eurasian Parks), and two more play structures The Miniland will be built on the hillside connecting Brick Street and Pirates and will solely feature US Landmarks at opening.
- The map shows New York City, St. Louis, Kennedy Space Center, Las Vegas, and San Francisco, with another I can make out-DC maybe. One major absence is of an Adventureland themed section featuring Lost Kingdom Adventure and Submarine Voyage. Other than Rouge Raiders, all the rides associated with that section in the current park is absent. One problem might be that New York was built on the side of a hill, where Dubai and Japan only are limited to acreage (Dubai is limited to the land set aside for them during the planning of Dubai Parks and Resorts and Japan has a port, a bridge, a convention center (that might become a future expansion pad-based off early concept art), and its hotel (which is attached to a public park) in its way of expansion.
- The original Submarine Voyage is at least twice the size of their version of Lost Kingdom Adventure (Laser Raiders) and on flat ground, which is taken up by LEGO City and Pirates at this point and I fear that is going to be backstage behind it. What are your thoughts on LEGOLAND New York? Are you planning on going for its first season? What areas do you want to see added in the future? Drop your thoughts on the park’s thread and spread the word, July 4, 2020, will be here before you know it.